Welcome to my blog.
I now have been fascinated with blogging for some time and have finally decided to create my own so that my family and friends across the globe can visit with me more often. Life gets too hectic nowadays and this is a great opportunity to take a moment here and then and to share in it with others.
Now to the name of my blog. Wiesenkind is a German word for--let's see I found that when I explain a German word in English it often needs a whole paragraph to explain what it means...
Wiesenkind literally translated means meadow-child, but in English that does not sound like what I want to express at all. The name came to me because of a favourite memory. One day I was having a very hectic day at school, was tired, and had no motivation whatsoever to go to the next class. I walked across the BYU campus and suddenly looked up into the sky. It was beautiful in a bright, saturated blue with a few careless clouds floating by. I immediately felt grateful for this beauty that surrounded me and I realized life was much bigger than just the few classes, days, weeks, ...trials of this earthly existence. When I looked down again there stood right in front of me my best friend Miriam. We both sat down for a minute and enjoyed the scene together. In that moment I remembered and missed the great wide meadows I grew up with in Germany and Austria that were covered with flowers and high grasses and in which you could walk and run forever and breathe in the fresh, brisk air, under a similarly beautiful blue sky. A meadow such as that to me means freedom, joy, and the grace of creation, of which I am a part. It means playing, learning, watching, dwelling, and connecting. A Wiesen"kind" thus means the free spirited, carefree yet caring, and in its own way wise begining and true nature of us all. I want to remember this more often and am therefore naming this blog site accordingly.
I hope you will enjoy blogging with me.
Manja
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hi Manja,
I think it's very cool that you decided to make your own blog and I love the explanation of the name of the blog.
Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. Fun, huh?
Manja!
Just last night I was watching "nutcracker" on K-BYU and I said to Luhi, "I would love to see Manja dance." And he told me that he was checking my e-mail for me (at his work, because our home internet service was down) and checked out your blog and saw pictures of you dancing. Now that I've seen it also, I really really want to see you dance. Why don't you do something here in Provo before you go back to L.A.?
I'm really new to blogging; I hope I've responded somewhere that you'll come across it. . .
Hey,
Fauneil again. Yeah, that last comment says it's from Luhi. . . Please, just 'cause I used his account. This time and any other comments I make from here on out I will use my own account.
Post a Comment