Friday, December 29, 2006

The art of puzzling

I have again discovered the wonderful art of puzzling. I think it's an art, because you have to be creative, you have to see, be attentive, create the right environment and be in the right emotional and mental condition to do it well, and you are applying a skill. I think it's very therapeutic. Doing a puzzle teaches me a lot about life. A puzzle only works when you are patient and are searching. The rewards are great when you are finding the pieces because you are making something more and more complete. The greatest reward, however, is to see the picture when what you have worked on--is complete. ...On Christmas day I worked on a puzzle while listening to BBC's Mr. Scrooge. Good old times!

Die Kunst des Puzzelns lehrt mich viel ueber das Leben... Mehr uebersetzen waehre compliziert, glaube ich?!.... :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh yes, I, too, love puzzles. Any puzzle--crossword, jigsaw, sudoku. I love them. I used to get a new jigsaw every year for Christmas, then for the next several days (depending on the difficulty thereof) I was absolutely enthralled; I'd go to bed at 2 a.m. with a stiff back and neck from bending over my puzzle for hours at a time. I don't like having help, though. It almost always makes me cranky.

Dellitt said...

Puzzles are fun. I haven't done one in a while, though.