Saturday, June 7, 2008

Duesseldorf in March



I was in Duesseldorf to see Roland, my half-brother (father's side). I have never been in Duesseldorf and I really liked the city! Roland took me to see the old downtown and the Funkturm--all the way up. We went out to eat lunch in a very old, authentic Stubn where I had hot Wirsing salad with a Bockwurst on top. For the finale we had amazing ice cream. Let me tell you about it. I was cold because the wind was blowing cold air all the time. Roland suggested this ice cream place, but I said I think better not, because I was freezing. He said, o.k., but at least we have to walk by to just look in the window because there is none like it. We stood in front of the wondow for about 1 second when the door magically opened and I walked in. How could I not! We sat down and I had a bowl with three scoops of the best ice cream EVER and they stuck FRESH mangos, strawberries, guava, honey dew, sugar melon, pineapple, and figs on it!!! Oh my! I am glad I don't live in this city. BTW, this was my Birthday present in advance. (You need some excuse for this!)









Roland has been very hospitable and fed me well. It is funny, although we have never seen each other or heard of each other until now, we both like healthy food, are into music and psychology professionally, and play the piano (although he is wayyyy better) and the African drum!!! Roland is a special-ed teacher and teaches piano on the side. he also has brought out a couple of CD's with great old German Songs. You should hear it. They are hilarious. If I have a way to put one on here I will!



1 comment:

Dellitt said...

So is Roland older or younger than you?