Saturday, June 7, 2008

April

April pretty much was the only month in which I was mostly in Salzburg. I went to Munich for a couple of days to visit a great uncle for interviews and family history material. Otherwise I stayed in Salzburg to do job search. Job search is a full time job in itself. Besides going to Ballet class every day to stay in shape, I was on the computer and the phones of the Arbeitsamt all day long. There were a couple of good positions I applied for, but I only got called back for one and they did not take me. I was searching in Arbeitsvermittlung and discovered there was something like headhunters, which was something I could do with my job experience. NOTHING.

At least I have LOT OF FUN in church! I got a new calling and am now teaching in Relief Society every 3rd Sunday. I am also going out with the missionaries a night a week and to FHE Mondays. I love talking about the Restored Gospel and finding people who are interested in listening. We also have a great missionary couple here, the Rebers! They were in Vienna back when I was about 16 and their daughter Mary Jane became friends with me. Small world! I am amazed at what they are doing for the Lord! This is their third mission and unlike when you are called to be in charge of a whole mission country and most is paid for by the church, they now came back totally on their own money like all other regular and couple missionaries.

1 comment:

Dellitt said...

I can identify with the difficulty of job hunting. Fortunately for me, my job where I work finally became full time work and I will have benefits next month. Just keep at it. You can't give up.