Saturday, June 7, 2008

Shocking News!



I have already gotten comfortable with the thought of establishing myself in Europe and looking for work here. I did not get the fellowship I applied for in Florida and therefore thought that story was finished. one evening I had the thought to call in Florida again just in case there are any news. When I called I was told that Suzanne Farell just walked out of the office an hour ago returning my portfolio and telling everyone that she wanted me to have the Suzanne Farell Fellowship!!! I about fell off my chair! Suzanne Farell is one of the last living legends who danced under George Balanchine, one of my favourite choreographers. The fellowship is not only a great honor, but also will make it work for me to go to Florida State University because my tuition is going to be waived. I still can't believe I am going.

As all blessings come with obstackles or distractions, I now have a broken Sesamoid bone that still has to heal before I go to Florida. Doctors are not sure if it can heal to the point where I can dance again. I know that God handles my affairs after I cannot take care of them by myself even with much trying. Florida is tempting. But my foot will determine where I will end up. I am confident that there is a reason behind such things and that the right thing will happen, because I prayed that it will...

To read more about Suzanne Farrell go to
http://www.kennedy-center.org/programs/ballet/farrell/farrell.html

2 comments:

Dellitt said...

That is fantastic Manja! Obviously Suzanne Farell knows a great dancer when she sees one! I hope your bone heals.

By the way, I think Amy got married on Friday. Did you know that? I still have to send her a card.

makiko said...

I am so happy and proud of you coming to Floria. I guess that my feeling of staying in the U.S was right afterall. I heard that Stas is getting married.

Whenever we trust the Lord, things will work out the way we never imagined and for the best.

You look very beautiful in the picture.