Thursday, January 25, 2007

Jan 25, 2007

Today I had my first day on my new job (Patient Care Assistant at Sunrise). They said they wanted to train me for a leadership position. We had 8h of training. The one thing I don't like about my new job is that it is 40 min commute and I absolutely dislike Utah drivers. There are those who think they have to go 80 Miles/h in a 65 zone, frantically passing you on your left and right when you are already going 70/75 (to fit in with everyone else and to be safe), and yet they are not totally aware of their surroundings and are a great hazard to the whole freeway community. Scarrrrry!--I am scared at least.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Manja!
Congratulations on your Masters!!! That has to feel good.
Best of luck on your new job. The commute is a drag, but if you like the work, stick with it. It is just a stepping stone for where you will end up.
How did you do on the snowy roads during the winter? They are usually scarrrrrrry, in addition to the crazy drivers.
I am thinking you are almost through with your schooling, yes? When will you finish your work for your doctorate?
Best wishes for a wonderful spring and completion of your studies.

Wiesenkind said...

Hi Ranae! What a nice surprise to hear from you!

Thank you for your encouraging words. The job is O.K. It is for sure a stepping stone and for right now good income. I got another job offer today in Provo, which I could do on the days I am not involved with the other job, and which sounds fun--vocational counselor. I have to balance all of that with Ballet, which I am not quite ready to give up, and my need to find something that will help me to another, more permanent working visa. I think I am getting close to working out a good solution. I feel like I have been studying law over the past months in trying to understand immigration and visa issues.

I am not going for the PhD anymore, for now at least. I found it would not have helped me much to get three degrees from one university in the same field, and I felt it was important for me to now enter the workforce.