Thursday, April 19, 2007

CHICAGO


I was in Chicago over the week-end in order to audition for Joffrey Ballet. It was so much fun! Joffrey, of course, did not hire anyone (that seems to be a national trend in the Ballet companies). But I had fun taking class. Thay made many cuts. At the beginning there were 75 people in the room and in order for people to be able to lift legs there had to be cuts. They looked for a certain body type only one of us fit and they looked more for apprentices this year. But, after the audition I found H&M right across from the Joffrey on State Street. H&M!!! (European clothing store). Of course I bought something--a nice new skirt and some pants. Friends showed me around in town (e.g. The art museum) and I even got to go to my host's office on the 36th floor and look at all the lights at night. The family I stayed with lives on the 21st floor. Awesome feeling. Below are some pictures of the appartment view.

One funny thing happened to me on my first night back in Utah after having spent three nights in my host bed in Chicago. The power went out in the middle of the night in Provo! I woke up from it and with panic thought: "Oh No, and I am on the 21st floor! All these stairs down without a light! What if the building falls...?" I then realized I was in my basement. :-)

1 comment:

Dellitt said...

I can't imagine what it's like to be on the 21st floor of a building. I've never been in a building that tall.