I DID IT! This is my graduation announcement! Mit Freudensprung.
We had our commencement exercises today at Brigham Young University. I decided last week or so that I was going to walk. I wasn't at first. Now, I am glad I did it. I had a good idea for graduation announcements and it was fun to send them out. I am also so glad I attended commencement. Vice President Dick Cheney was the guest of honor at BYU today and he was GREAT! There was some protesting going on upon the announcement of his comming and I thought that was sad. I felt it was an honor to have him come and I will be able to tell my kids (should I ever have any) that he came and spoke at my graduation. :-) There was a really good spirit in the fully packed Mariott center (about 25.000 people). We gave him a great round of applouse and paid him respect for all the things he had done for this country. I have deep respect for what these leaders have to accomplish and the responsibility they carry. I will post a link to a recording of the commencement exercises when it comes out. As a surprize (because it was not announced), but not totally unanticipated, President Hinckley showed up together wtih Cheney! The crowd broke out into applause and joy. I got a very good seat and could see everything close up front.

Wir haben heute unsere Abschluss Veranstaltung der Universitaet gehabt. Ich habe mich erst im letzen Moment entschlossen daran teizuhaben. Ich habe in Schnelle ein paar Mitteilungen und Einladungen verschickt, aber keine nach Europa. Darum veroeffentlich ich eine auf meinem Blog.
Der Vizepraesident der Vereinigten Staaten Dick Cheney kam als Ehrengast. Es gab einige Protestanten, was ich schade fand. Ich fand es eine Ehre dass er zu Brigham Young Universitaet gekommen ist und spuerte einen sehr guten Geist bei der Versammlung die ca. 20.000 Leute unterhielt.
http://speeches.byu.edu/?act=browse&speaker=Cheney%2C+Dick&topic=&type=&year=&x=9&y=7
My mentor Dr. Richard N Williams and I.
Amy and I
2 comments:
Manja,
I have not forgotten about getting you the photos and video I have from your graduation. We just got back from Hawaii, so I can now work on that for you.
Congratulations on the big day! I'm glad I was a part (albeit a small part) of it.
I wonder how Sandy is treating you.
Fauneil
This reminds me of how I thought I was recording your graduation but the whole time was not, Ugh. So sorry about that.
We SO do not agree on politics! I'm glad you enjoyed your commencement speaker, though, and I'm doubly glad that he will no longer be VP next year.
Post a Comment