
Finally, the big moment has come. I performed with MArvin Goldstein at the Washington DC LDS Temple Visitor's Center. OUr evening was part of the program of the Festival of Lights where 1000s of lights have been turned on on Temple Square to celebrate the Christmas season. Marvin performed for 30 min and the last piece included me dancing to his arrangement of "O Divine Redeemer". The stage scenery included paintings of Carl Bloch which were projected onto the big movie screen as a backdrop for my dancing. It was a great sucess and a breakthrough to have a religious theme danced through Classical Ballet in a festive LDS setting. Tons of kids came to me afterwards to say hello. I also met my former college from BYU Theater Ballet Kerry with her son. You really see how much time flies when you see your friends with their kids. Of course Marvin, Cheryl and her husband Russ, and I and a few other friends were partying all the time throughout this very fun trip.


2 comments:
I wish I could have seen you perform. I bet it was fantastic!
Hey there Manja, Just decided to take sometime and say hello. I hope you are healthy safe and well. I also miss all the moving I use to help you do. If you decide to move back to Utah, you probably won't but you know where to find me and of course my father's car lot. I guess it is true no one knows how much fun another person can be until that person is gone. You are a very good inspiration to me thank you for everything my email- morgan@downtownweb.com. Don't forget to look me up any time you are in Utah, thanks Me. I also wish I could have seen you perform sorry sent so late, my computer skills are improving though.
Post a Comment